Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Making

I bet you thought I wasn't a knitter anymore. It seems like forever since I last posted a project. So here is:
by:


All important details can be found over at Ravelry.
I love this Quince yarn. It's soft and lightweight. It is their sock yarn so just imagine how long it took to knit this little number up.
I will wear this sweater a lot this coming fall. It's perfect for that slight chill in the air kind of day.
However, if I were to do it again I would make a size up or maybe two. For once this pattern was true to size. A XS is really tiny (or maybe I've just grown and don't want to admit it) and would love to have it a bit more slouchy.
The arms are a bit tight too. A light tee is all that could be worn underneath.
The pattern was well written and easy to follow. I was worried I wasn't going to have enough yarn, so I made the arms 3/4 and probably could have knit the body a bit longer.
I also used the stockinette side whereas, the pattern called for reverse stockinette.
It sounds as if I don't like this sweater, but I really do. It will receive heavy rotation in the coming months as the cold settles in.
Now on to two baby sweaters...gift knitting is never ending!

14 comments:

Jess said...

It's lovely!
Perfect fit!

Erica said...

It's BEAUTIFUL Jane!!! And the color you chose is perfect! I really need to try some Quince and Co. one of these days, everyone that uses it seems to love it!

MadMad said...

I forgot to say this on ravelry, but YOU look great, too! :) (And I woulda done the same with the reverse stockinette - mine never looks very good, for some reason...) Which baby sweaters are you going with?

Monica said...

Gorgeous cardigan!

Andi said...

Fantastic! It's okay that you don't knit a lot, because when you do...whoo hooo. That is just beautiful. I have to cast that on!

Holli said...

Well done, Jane! I love the color and the simplicity. And that quince sock yarn IS pretty great, isn't it?

At Home Mommy Knits said...

What a great fall cardi!!

kristina said...

Gorgeous! I love both the color and the styling. I'm sure you'll be wearing it absolutely everywhere.

K x

Liz said...

Love it, Jane!
I cast on for this sweater about a month or so ago, but just haven't had the time to knit it up. Yours is making me think I need to get on the ball!

Linda, Knitting on Circular Needles said...

Jane, your Abby cardi looks great on you - beautiful color and perfect fit (and I like the length!). I'm heading over to Ravelry, now, to read all the details.

Good luck with the baby sweaters. I hope you'll post pics of them, too!

Linda, Knitting on Circular Needles said...

Sorry for the second post in one day. I just went to view your project on Ravelry and noticed that today is your birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I hope you are having a wonderful celebration.

Cheers!

ColorSlut said...

BEAUTIFUL! Fits perfect and is just stunning.

a friend to knit with said...

oh jane, it looks fantastic!

and i am SO bummed i missed your birthday!!!
hope it was grand! xx

Suzanne said...

I came to visit via Leslie's blog. You did a beautiful job on your sweater! Congrats!

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...