1. I absolutely LOVED our Christmas card this year. I was inspired by Sara+h and her love of Polaroid film. I used a Polaroid film application through Picnik and created a card reminiscent of the movie The Christmas Story.
2. The boys and I read The True Gift: A Christmas Story at breakfast during December. In true Patricia MacLachlan fashion, she tells a beautiful country story about a little boy and a cow. When the boys were little, we read all the time at the breakfast table. One page-one bite. I think I'm still saying that to Matt.
yeah, I know this picture has nothing to do with the Symphony...but they didn't have any good pictures on their website and I didn't have any pictures of my kids playing their instruments.
3. We started a new tradition by attending the Holiday Pops concert performed by the Syracuse Symphony. We've taken the boys to the Symphony since they were little and they enjoy the whole experience. We try to pick the Pops series to attend, as the music is a bit more recognizable. On a side note: please remember your local orchestras and symphonies in your giving this year and next. They have been hit hard with the economic downfall. Nights out, listening to music are one of the first luxuries to go when scaling down the budget.
4. We were lucky to have perfect weather for our pond to freeze, just in time for Christmas! When the ice is ready, you have to act fast and call everyone you know. Pond ice doesn't last long, especially if it snows! We hosted a hockey skating party and we skated on Christmas Eve!
5. It was over all too fast...now it's time to hibernate!