Well, hello. I took last week off along with the boys. Between having friends over, skiing, hockey and just plain hanging out it was tough to get to the computer. I also, did not feel the best. Just a cold, but enough of a bother to find it hard to concentrate on a screen. The boys are back to school and I'm on the mend, so all is good.
1. Last night I watched part of the Academy Awards. I think the best part was the red carpets shows that were on before the main event. I thought it was quite boring, as I guess I always do. Anyways, I turned it off way before it was over.
2. The weather has been fierce the past week. One day we have blinding blizzards, the next day we have a melt, and then again snow. I want to believe Spring is coming, but know that some of our worst weather is in March.
3. The pond is melting. We never did get to skate on it this winter. The snow came too early and then it just kept right on snowing...but I think you know that already :) I think this is the first year that we haven't skated. Someone asked the other day how old the boys were when we first laced skates onto their feet. We thought back and discovered Ryan was two years old when he first shuffled across the pond!
4. More cleaning out to do. I was reading a magazine the other day and thought that all the news was really old. I discovered I was reading a magazine from 2009! Really, I'm not a hoarder!
5. And what would a post be without a mention of hockey. Just four more practices and one more weekend of games. And, as always, it will be a bittersweet ending.
Happy week to you all!