Friday, August 27, 2010
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Monday, August 23, 2010
As the baby was traveling to its new home, I was finishing up on the last few stitches of Fiona, a sweet little pattern that will be made again and again.
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Monday, August 16, 2010
Monday, August 9, 2010
1. The boys donated their time at a March of Dimes event this past weekend. Over 900 bikers rallied and rode to help prevent premature births. So many interesting people gathered together to help make the event a success.
2. My friend asked me to take photos at the event. I had a blast. I used my telephoto lens to photograph everyone. I'm not brave enough to get up close and personal with everyone yet.
3. Matt was able to internalize the whole event and spoke about how it made him feel really good to be helping a cause. What fun it was to watch the clean cut, Hollister clad, boys interact with dudes like the one above.
4. We are doing bedtime battles for the first time ever. Seems as if my middle schoolers think they can stay up until the break of day! What time do your kids go to bed in the summertime?
5. Lastly, another day, another lake. Traveled to Inlet, NY yesterday to spend the day. The day was perfect! We're getting excited for our week's adventure at the end of the summer!
Hope your week is off to a great start!
Friday, August 6, 2010
I've been feeling a bit melancholy this past week. August always does this to me. It's my birthday month and I spend a lot of time reflecting on what I liked and disliked about the past year and what I hope to achieve in the coming year. I've two more years in the fabulous forties and it has caused me to reflect a bit more on how I might want to spend them.
So, as I am not one to dwell in the gloom and doom, I've been spending time with the boys. Trying hard not to lose my patience at their fighting and whining and fighting and whining. Hugging them when they don't want it and sitting and just being. Because you never know.
Enjoy your weekend everyone. I have my boys donating their time to the March of Dimes this weekend. I plan on having awesome shots to show you on Monday. It should be a fun day!