Tuesday, September 23, 2008
It's been busy here at Upper Pond. The weather has been glorious allowing us to be outside. We all know what will be upon us soon...so it's as if we are scurrying to spend every waking hour in the sunshine.
chicks at the pumpkin farm
Monday, September 15, 2008
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know your entry is up
Thursday, September 11, 2008
It's that time of year again...we are preparing for hibernation around here. Perusing hearty recipes, checking conditions of sweaters and socks, washing the blankets so they are ready for the beds! The leaves have started to turn and the mornings are cool. This is one of my favorite times of the year. In anticipation of the colder weather I have another pair of new socks!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
- 1 7.5-oz pkg.Tyson Frozen cooked chicken breast strips...thawed. (i actually found these in the regular meat section)
- 1 large granny smith apple, peeled, cored and chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/3 c. dried cranberries
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/3 c. fat-free or light mayo
- 1/3 c. fat free or light sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt and ground pepper
- whole wheat bread
makes four sandwiches
As I was typing this I remembered a job I had in my late 20's when I needed a bit of extra cash. A well known chef in our city hired me to transfer all his recipes onto the computer. It was a pretty easy gig that got me a wonderful free meal and great money. Typing the fractions out, made me realized that it wasn't a job that I loved so it pushed me harder to find a better paying teaching position (is there such a thing?). I only wish that I had made a few copies of his recipes for myself. I hear he went on to own a wonderful well known restaurant and has made quite a name for himself.
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Highlights of our trip included:
- beautiful sunsets and sunrises
- extreme rock jumping
- swimming more than any other year
- waterskiing (we tow our boat with us)
- celebration of summer birthdays (my brother and SIL in June and me in August)
- family members traveling from Dallas, Atlanta and San Francisco for my cousin's wedding
- stopping at WEBS on the way to the wedding (highlight of my trip)
- roasting marshmallows around the campfires
- mountain climbing (this year we conquered Blue Mountain...2 hours up, 1 hour down. All 46 years of my life could be felt at the end of the climb)
- a bit of knitting
- river fishing with a guide (this happened while I traveled to the wedding)
- and just family time well spent!
Another vacation into the memory book!