Sunday, November 18, 2012

...


I seem to have lost my voice.
It's as if I go one step forward and at least three back.
I don't want to come here and complain about everything, yet I know if I do people will understand.
Instead, I'm quiet.
I'm knitting.
and reading.
and starting to think about making the holidays a special time.
The mornings have been cold but the days warmer than usual for this time of year.
I'm in the car....a lot, but not as much as I use to be since Ryan gave up hockey.
Which was a good decision.
I don't pick up my camera as near as often as I should.
But, I'm looking forward to photographing a young mom's twin boys.
They are two and they make me yearn for the time my guys were two.
So that's it for tonight.
I'm listening to a viola and a trumpet as I write this. 
So I guess things are good, if they are at least practicing.




8 comments:

Rose said...

Hang in there. This can be a tough time of year.

Kim said...

This time of year is difficult. My best friend and I always tell each other to keep passing the open windows (a quote from John Irving).

MadMad said...

Remember how hard we thought things were when they were two? Silly, silly us. Happy Turkey Day, Jane. Hope you're doing something fun, and eating well!

kristina said...

I can relate. I seem to have lost my voice too. But knitting and reading and thinking about the holidays are all good things :) K x

Rachel said...

I think that times like this are sort of the natural ebb and flow of having a blog for most people. I certainly have times where I feel like posting is more of an obligation than something I actually want to do. Your voice will return I'm sure (likely after the bustle of the holidays). And if it doesn't? Then I'd certainly miss you but I'd understand. ;)

Kassianni said...

yes, we are fighting a similar battle. I am often conflicted with blogging about the crap in my life, but then I reason: it's my blog. if this is what's going on, then this is what's going on.
it gives me comfort to know I'm not the only one. not that I rejoice in the suffering of others, it's just nice to know that I'm not crazy.
other women, other moms, other people are in the same trenches.
hang in there.

RW said...

as it goes.
ebb and flow.
practicing is a very good thing.

Andi said...

“But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.”
― Alan Watts

You are right, we all understand and will be here when you come back.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...