Monday, April 23, 2007

In the Great Gulf of Mexico

Okay, by the looks of this picture it may seem that we didn't have the most productive day on the open sea. But, in fact we did! We caught White Snapper, Red Snapper, Grouper, and weird looking fish that I had never seen in my life. We had a blast! Deep sea fishing was one of those things that was on my To Do list that I mentally keep. What made it even more special and exciting was that I got to fish with my boys. I think they thought it was pretty cool that their mom enjoyed hooking the big one and reeling it in.
The best part of the day was when the biggest and oldest porpoise came up to the side of the boat and very slowly came out of the water and looked at us. Way too cool for words!
So the reason we don't have more fish on the board...season hadn't opened yet! Actually, it was okay. We are all catch and release fisherpeople!

No comments:

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...