Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Children and Blogging and it's August ...oh my!



Anyone that stops in to visit at our house can tell that it's August. You can tell by my children walking in circles because they have done everything that they wanted to this summer ( and me yelling that they have three more weeks to go so they better find something to do) and are anxiously awaiting their favorite vacation of the year...our annual pilgrimage to the Adirondacks. The weather hasn't been cooperating either. I feel for the people that don't get rain as often as they should and I would gladly bottle up the rain that has filled my pond and made my stream run in August (unheard of!), but enough is enough! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed hoping that our mountain vacation will contain great weather.





To keep the boys' minds off waiting, we've decided to take a quick trip to New York City this coming weekend. We have gone many times before and we all love it! So my question to all of you is...What's your favorite thing to do with kids in NYC?

"Boys where would you like to go?"

"The ESPN Zone!"

Shoot me now please!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what the ESPN Zone is but it looks a lot like Chuck E. Cheese. And, boy, am I glad those days are over!

Hey, I looked at my Rav notes on the blanket and I worked through Row 60 of Jared's chart. (Do you have the chart he made?) I believe there are a few knitters on Rav who have enlarged it, but can't seem to find the ones who shared the info. Not much help, am I?!

We've only vacationed in the Adirondacks once but it was one of our best. Have fun in NYC, no matter what you decide to do!

a friend to knit with said...

oh! yes! i hear that there is this fabulous store called purl. i think the boys would LOVE it. :) ahahah.

i immediately thought of espn zone. haven't been there myself, but the boys went with my bil. i think another trip there, and then YOU hit purl. yep. sounds like a plan.

sheepish one said...

okay, so since we live on opposite coasts, i have no wisdom to impart. however, with your boys' ages, it would seem that some sort of exploratory-science-museum center would be fun.
of course, leslie's idea is as good as any. oh, and maybe you can linger on the streets in some high fashion so you can make it into the satorialist's blog! ;-)

Jane said...

K-You are right on about the ESPN zone...overpriced food and a room full of arcade games! Thanks for looking at your notes. I think I am just going to sit down and try to figure this whole thing out. I haven't really spent a ton of time looking at it.

Leslie- Oh, believe me, I have been to Purl a few times and would love to lure the kids down to the store...but there is nothing down that way that the boys would enjoy! I'm hoping I can at least get to Anthropologie for a quick look!

Melana-I would certainly be a fashion don't in the Satorialist's eyes! He probably would laugh out loud at me! One of our favorite stops is the Museum of Natural History....where the movie Night in the Museum takes place. We always see something new there!

MadMad said...

Serendipity 3!!!

Jane said...

madmad- I begged and pleaded to go to Serendipity 3, but no go! The scary monsters won out over frozen milkshakes. :(

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...