Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Summer!


Summer is in full swing here at Upper Pond. Late nights, sleeping in, golf, friends, hiking, boating and a very relaxed home has helped up to start the summer off with a bang.

As soon as school ended (and let me tell you, it seemed as if it would.never.end) we hopped in the car and made a mad dash to Washington DC. This destination has been on our to-do list for a very long time. We stayed in Alexandria, VA and made the short trip into (via the Metro) each morning. The boys loved every minute of our adventure.

Fourth of July turned out to be pretty cold around here. In fact the whole summer has been below average in temperature. But having good friends around, helped make the festivities warm in spirit!


My husband is still home, but has mellowed a great deal. He has been able to relax, do projects around the house, enjoy the boys and best of all smile again! I haven't seen his smile in a very long time and it reminds me of our earlier days together. Job offers are beginning to come in and it looks like we will not have to move. A welcome relief for the boys and quite frankly, us.

I've even picked up the knitting needles again, making me quite happy.



Not sure how often I will be around, but am working on some ideas for the blog once I find myself alone again. Enjoy!

10 comments:

t does wool said...

good to see you here again Jane...and enjoying the summer...hey,your needles are talking!!

Magnolia Handspun said...

Hey your back! Glad to see that you are having a good summer. Is it muggy yet? I am taking a vacation from flickr...enjoying summer. I'll be visiting.

kim said...

Very happy pictures and good news. I'm so happy for you. So, whatcha knittin'?

Tanya Willis Anderson said...

Hey! I live in Alexandria - wish I knew you were coming! Looks like it was fun.
Tanya

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

sounds like a good summer rhythm. glad about the job offers. i know it's hard to believe at times, but i think things happen for a reason, and usually for the best. enjoy your summer days, knitting and maybe some warm weather? xx

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

and did he jump off a building?

Holli said...

Jane:

So nice to see you back on your blog. I'm thrilled the summer has been full of adventure for you and your boys and that your husband is starting to get some job offers. That's really (really) wonderful news. Here's wishing you more peaceful weeks with knitting, smiles and love. Happy Summer, indeed.

Michele said...

what a lovely post. i'm glad to hear that things are falling in to place in a better way. job offers and not having to move sound very good.

MadMad said...

So happy to hear the happy news! And so glad to see you're back, even if only for a bit - it's just good to hear from you!

a friend to knit with said...

yay! such great news all rolled into one post! perfect!

so glad to see you light up! :)

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...