Every.single.day. I put Flickr and my blog on my to-do list. AND every.single.day. I pass over these two items, to say, clean the bathrooms or do laundry, you know, stuff that makes the house run a bit easier! As the washing machines spins and the bathrooms smell (briefly) like lemons I have a few minutes to update.
1. October will be a busy month. Matt has decided to tackle: cross-country, hockey and the school play. Con: I'm in the car a lot! Pro: the boys are separated, leading to less fighting!
2. I love my dinner plate dahlias! I buy them from here each year. I tried digging them up and saving them from one year to the next, but they rotted in my basement. It's easier to buy new each year.
3. I'm reading this in between reading my MORE magazine. One makes me feel like I should be out climbing a mountain or starting my own company. The other validates how I've been handling my middle schoolers. Both make me feel tired.
4. Ryan, when he's on, which means, he's not complaining, his stomach is full and his homework is completed, is a pretty funny kid. The other day,when we were driving to his ENT (Ryan is an ear kid. I don't think I've told the story of Ry's ears yet..on another day I will.) doctor, we drove pass a mega-church. We talk about it a lot when we go to the doctor's and I think it has Ryan truly perplexed. Evidenced by the sentence I heard muttered from the backseat, "God, that's a helluva church!"
That's my boy!
5. A look that caught my eye from The Sartorialist's site. Love the bag, jeans and sneakers. The jacket reminds me of what I wore in the '80's. It even looks as if she has the shoulder pads to complete the look!