Friday, November 27, 2009

Just In Case...



you're tired of turkey. I made this Black Bean Soup last week and LOVED it. So quick and easy and a refreshing change from what I usually make.





Black Bean and Salsa Soup


1/2 an onion

2 cloves minced garlic

2 (15oz) cans of black beans, drained and rinsed

1 1/2 cups chicken broth

1 cup chunky salsa ( I used a can of Ro-tel)

1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

4 tablespoon sour cream


Saute the onion, then add the garlic until fragrant. Mix in beans, chicken broth, salsa and cumin. Simmer for 10-20 minutes, until all flavors are well mixed. Use handheld blender to mix. I left it a bit chunky and it was great!


Enjoy!

7 comments:

t does wool said...

sounds perfect...I will try it...love the festive header Jane!
hope your Thanksgiving was perfect!

MadMad said...

Sounds good - and love the new header, too! Yummy!

Jessica said...

I am officially over turkey--so onto soup it is!

RW said...

we made this tonight and it was very good.

we added guacamole and some corn bread.

yummy.

thanks.

June said...

I'm always always ALWAYS looking for a great soup. Thanks so much...

Anna Ander said...

We don't do turkey over here, but this soup will go down very well with the elders of the family. Yum.

a friend to knit with said...

i want to make this for lunch!!
thanks!

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...