We are back! I'm still tackling mountains of laundry and sweeping up sand from the laundry room floor but as I work I continue to think about the memories that we made in Florida. I think all the adults and kids agree that this was one of our best years yet. The boys are self-sufficient and the little girls that travel with us are growing up too. Less meltdowns make for very happy people.
If you have never been to the Panhandle, specifically here, put it on your list. It's a magical place worth visiting.
1. We had a photo contest. Two of us blog, many of us have flickr pages and we all have cameras. I felt like we were the paparazzi. There were cameras all over the place. At the end of the week, the slideshow was presented and prizes were awarded!
2. Last year we all agreed that we didn't ride our bikes enough. We changed that this year. Trail riding, quick trips to town and a long ride to breakfast were fun for all.
3. I am amazed at my sons and how they have grown to love this place. We were walking home one evening and Matt leaned over to me and declared that he only had four more years here and then off to college. Bittersweet moment for sure.
4. The mornings were overcast and not great for picture taking...but I did get out once. I decided to sleep a bit more in the mornings...a treat for me.
5. Wishing I was still walking the paths, but am also glad to be home.
Will show more vacations pictures in the coming week. Let me know if you get sick of seeing them!
Have a great week and now I'm off to do some more laundry!