Yet again I've stayed away from this space for too long. It's just that I thought with having teens I would have so much more time to do things for me, yet I find myself busier than ever. Along with that busyness, come the mother's worry of helping them along to good choices. Some days it can be exhilarating and some days it's just plain exhausting. So what have we been up to:
1. Second year of AP global social studies. College level course given to sophomores and freshmen. We are in round two of this hell. We all hate this course for what it does to our family dynamics. Matt's stuck with it because it's this or the water down version of the course. No honors course to choose from.
2. Ryan gave up hockey this year. There are various reasons, but the main one is that he is just burned out at the age of thirteen. I could get into the whole politics of the hockey program...but I won't, I want my Monday to be free of stress.
3. I'm struggling with time management. It's been difficult as of late. I think I have it all figured out and then something pops up and changes everything. Having a hard time going with the flow.
4. I've started running again. There is a young man on Matt's team that consistently comes in last every. single. cross country race. Yet, when he crosses the finish line, he always has a smile on his face and he raises his hands in a salute. It's inspiring to watch and gives me the motivation to plod on.
5. This is what I live with.
Enjoy your week everyone!