Friday, June 22, 2007

A Day to Remember

Yesterday was the last day of school. It was also the last day that my oldest would be in elementary school. I thought I would be all teary eyed, but I did okay. Our school has a tradition where the fourth graders walk out first for dismissal on the last day. Every other day of the year they are last. The whole school lines the halls and the fourth grade parades from their classes with pennants in their hands. Everyone cheers and yells good -bye and good-luck. I have been crying at this ritual since Matt has been in kindergarten. I did shed a few tears, but not because I was sad, but because I was so very proud of my kid. He is a good student who loves learning and he is eager to start on the next part of his adventure.
A friend invited us over for a celebratory lunch. Eight ten-year old boys with a few siblings enjoyed swimming on their pond. The combination of boys made me proud and hopeful as a parent. They are all good kids that love to have fun. It was just the perfect way to end the elementary school years!
I can't resist throwing in a picture of the two little ones who will be starting on their journey though elementary school next year. Just too cute!

No comments:

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...