Tuesday, November 25, 2008

On Being Thankful-Part Two

Oh yes...I had grand plans of posting every day for a week! Once again, life has been kicking me in the butt. I've made a huge to-do list and have been trying hard to stay on track. Ha! Fat chance of that happening!

So what else am I thankful for?? My ipod is my best friend while the boys are at school. I have discovered many podcasts that I enjoy listening too. If I ever get my rear in gear, I will link them in the sidebar. I do have music on my ipod, but rarely listen to it during the day. I think it's the sound of talking that keeps me company while knitting, sewing or keeping house.

Back in this post I professed my love for the annual peppermint mocha from Starbucks. Well it's that time of year and I am truly thankful to have these delightful drinks in my life. Hand me one grande, non fat, no whip and I am happy, happy happy.

I'm thankful that there are still school events that keep our children young. The boys have been busy with hockey, orchestra and most recently tonight's fourth grade concert. So cute and whimsical. Just what little kids should be!

While travelling around the blogosphere this week, I've read a lot of fear, nervousness and the unpredictability that the economic events are causing. So many people are living in a state of limbo, waiting for the other shoe to drop. I feel like I'm stuck in a glass and am unable to get out. I'm thankful to read that I'm not the only one feeling this way...escaping to my friends in the blogworld have been a wonderful distraction that I'm thankful to have.

6 comments:

Angela said...

the top of your post sounds a bit like me this week...the best laid plans go astray...ah well. :)

sheepish one said...

it's a very uncertain time, and hopefully we will be lead with certainty very soon.

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

a job change (with any luck) early next year has me a bit stressed. uuggh. yes, coming here is a nice, nice diversion! thank goodness for friends like you!
happy thanksgiving to you and yours :)

Holli said...

What a great, thoughtful post, Jane. The shot your children in the 4th grade concert made me smile and I was nodding my head in agreement with your sentiments about feeling stuck in a glass unable to get out. It *is* comforting to know that others feel the same way - and yes, the blogworld is truly one delight to be thankful for this year.

May you have a peaceful and warm Thanksgiving - full of laughter, love and delicious food.

Holli

t does wool said...

happy Thanksgiving to you and your family...there is a lot to be thankful for...and it is comforting to know that others feel the same way.

Mary said...

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm really enjoying hearing what you are thankful for and it is a comfort to know we are not alone.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...