Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Round-up!

I haven't given an update in awhile on my knitting progress, so here it goes.
The tea leaves cardi is knitting up well! Just need to find some time to finish those arms up. I might just go tackle them after I leave this space. Sorry for the cruddy picture...I was trying to do ten things at once.

photo courtesy of Chez Danisse

But, as I was knitting and reading blogs, I came across Denise's cute washclothes. So, of course instead of finishing the sweater, I found myself in JoAnn's cruising the cheap cotton and found Lion Brand organic cotton. The softness factor is incredible!

Swish, I pulled out some needles and away I went. I am using size 8 needles which are way too big for this yarn. The package says lay, anything that is made out of this yarn, flat...maybe I'll just try shrinking it when I'm done. I definitely will make more of these.

Enjoy the weekend everyone and Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

10 comments:

Magnolia Handspun said...

Jane the cardi looks so fabby...don't you love the pattern? Can't wait to see it finished.
Julian, my oldest knits washcloths...I think they are nicer than store bought actually.
Lovely crocus.
Happy Easter to you and the fam!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Looking good. I had zero luck finding cheap cotton in the colors I was seeking. I'm going to hop on over to your link. Thank you! Happy knitting : )

t does wool said...

the cardi is looking quite wonderful Jane ;)
and those washcloths are the best.
Happy Easter!

MadMad said...

Happy Easter, Jane!

Rose said...

The sweater is looking good but I loved the wash cloths. My daughter used that yarn for a washcloth for my husband and he loves it too!

Linda said...

Love that cradi, I keep seeing it on blogs and I love the colour you chose. Might need to knit that!

http://atupperpond.blogspot.com/

larissa said...

Your cardi looks great on you! i think i need to start knitting wash cloths right about now too - i'm so close to finishing up the textured circle shrug but I can't seem to find motivation for the 20 rows of seed stitch. Happy Easter!

Rachel said...

Everyone needs to quit teasing me with these awesome tea leave cardigans! :) Looking forward to seeing your completed!

And thanks for the link to the soft cotton...I've always wanted to make face cloths but so far hadn't found soft enough cotton!

a friend to knit with said...

i would love to make some kitchen wash cloths out of that cotton!

hope your easter weekend was lovely.

Sandy said...

Love the Cardi! The color is really nice, and nice job on the crocus photo. I just love those flowers!

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...