It's finally quiet here at Upper Pond. We celebrated our second Christmas today and are done with presents and eating. I don't want to cook for a long while. My boys may not see another cookie in their lunch until February, seeing as if that is how long it will get my baking mojo back.
We are busy enjoying the holiday week off of school. Skiing has been our favorite activity, followed by the new xBox and accompanying games. Not sure if books have been picked up as a go-to activity around here.
Enjoy the rest of the week.
1. It's called a Snow Angel...and believe me that name is pure deception. With seven shots of alcohol, it's the devil in disguise.
2. We are lucky to have grandparents close by. It helped make the celebration that much more special.
3. Buddy ate the gravy, which led to some gas, which led to Matt having fun. Poor Buddy.
On a sidenote: one of the most favorite things to happen on Christmas was catching Matt singing in church. I had to peek out of the corner of my eye to catch it. But he was there and it was good.
4. Ryan leaned over to me at church and told me how wonderful if all was (favorite thing #2). Maybe we should show up more often. We have, regrettably, fallen into the Lily and pointsettia club.
5. This was a transition year for us. We still honored many of our old Santa traditions, without much spirit. We are all trying to find our way in the new traditions. I think this might take a few years. Growing pains for all of us.