Well hello! I feel like I've been stuck in the center of a tornado these past few weeks! Things constantly swirling around and me trying to grab hold of something for a bit of stability. Final exams, field trips, fundraisers, PTA obligations, baseball, social events have all filled our calendar. I think we are finally beginning to see the light at the end of this tunnel and once here, I will be thankful for a more relaxed routine. Matt finished last week and Ryan, finally, finishes tomorrow.
1. I don't think we have eaten a decent meal in weeks. We have been eating on the road to baseball a lot. Pizza has become a favorite friend. Fruit-unheard of. Last night I bought a huge assortment of cut up veggies and had that as my dinner while watching Matt play baseball.
2. We are planning our trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming. If anyone has ever been, any advice on activities, restaurants, hikes, etc...would be greatly appreciated.
3. One of my pictures is going to be published in a local magazine. I'll keep you posted.
4. Looking for some good summer reads. Any suggestions?
5. And lastly, I finished To Kill a Mockingbird a while back. This is one of two passages that really struck a chord. I believe this is what we all feel as parents.
"Heck," Atticus's back was turned. "If this thing's hushed up it'll be a simple denial to Jem of the way I've tried to raise him. Sometimes I think I'm a total failure as a parent, but I'm all they've got. Before Jem looks at anyone else he looks at me, and I've tried to live so I can look squarely back at him...if I connived at something like this, frankly I couldn't meet his eye, and the day I can't do that I'll know I've lost him. I don't want to lose him and Scout, because they're all I've got."