Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday Round-up

Oops yesterday I was so busy that I forgot to write this. Don't have too much as I am in the midst of starting a few projects.
This week I started working on the Tangled Yolk Cardigan and the Hemlock Ring Blanket. I wanted to join the bandwagon with the cardigan ever since I saw the sweater published in Interweave Knits. I also wanted to do a lace project that did not include Kid Silk Haze while knitting. Not sure what I am going to do with the blanket once finished, but it has been fun to knit so far.
Next, I want to buy a new sewing machine but I am completely perplexed every time I go to look at them. I have an old Kenmore that my mom gave me when I was in high school. It doesn't even have a drop arm and the fanciest stitch it makes is a zig-zag. The machine has been a mule to me, helping me to make all the boys' Halloween costumes, and little trinkets here and there. But, it is time for an upgrade. I wonder what you all use and like? I don't want to spend a ton of money for a bunch of options that I will never use. Please come out of lurkerville to help me. Thanks!


Lastly, I overheard a great comment in the Ry's locker room this week. One of the older brothers was watching four moms tie the younger guys' skates. He then looked at his mom and said, " You middle aged women sure do know how to tie skates good." I guess you can call that a round-about compliment from an nine year old!

Off to a hockey game! Have a great weekend everyone!

PS: No pertinent pics to go along with the subjects so I will let you dream of summer while viewing some flowers.

1 comment:

a friend to knit with said...

oh, so giggling at that nine year old!!!

i am no help with the sewing machine. i use a Sears kenmore. i purchased it when i had my first child to start making halloween costumes......i need a new one too!

lovely photos.......
hope the games all go/went well!

and YAY~ i can't wait to see your tangled yoke!

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...