Monday, July 7, 2008

Tired!

It was a long, long weekend full of many activities. The boys played golf, went tubing and water skiing, multiple times, watched a parade and socialized at two parties. One party was a kid's paradise. As we walked in, all I could hear were shouts of glee as children leaped in the jumpy house, played football and ran around the yard with candy necklaces around their necks.


Dinner for Ryan on the evening of the Fourth consisted of four servings of cotton candy. No, I didn't realize this until we were leaving the party. Yes, I know, bad, bad mom!



At first, all the boys were too cool to have their faces painted. But, Ry was the first to step up to the plate and go for it. In the end, he hated how itchy it made him feel and he wiped it off in our host's bathroom. Again, didn't know this until after we left. Bad mom!

Matt entertained us with his paint job as only an eleven year can.
Oh yes, again, I'm a bad mom because this kid needs a haircut!
I'm ready for the lazy, hazy days of summer. The ending of school and the Fourth's activities are over so we can now fall into our summer routine. It will be good for all of us to take a break and relax a bit.


Anyone who knows me, knows that one of my secret desires is to own a paper store.


I love what I see out on the Internet which, I think is bringing my plan closer to reality. We'll see. Anyhow, I also bought my SIL these pretty notecards for her birthday. I have ordered from ilee before for my own needs and absolutely love her. She has a great letterpress desk calendar that she prints around October. They are great to give as gifts at holiday time.



That's it...wish there was more...but I've got mountains of laundry to fold! Blah!

4 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

sounds like the perfect summer weekend.
believe me.......my kids have forgotten to eat, plenty of times. or let me rephrase that......have eaten only junk for dinner plenty of times. :)
oh yes. do i see an etsy shop in your future? very exciting!!! i'll be one of your first customers. i LOVE paper.

Anonymous said...

those notecards are so pretty. i would hoard paper. it would be difficult to share!
i'll be checking to see what's ahead for you :)
nobody here likes cotton candy but me. i know, it's crazy. so i step up and have some for all!

MadMad said...

Me, too, me, too! On the paper goods store! These are so gorgeous, too! You're going to turn me into a huge internet shopper - where do you find all these gorgeous things? And, btw - what's wrong with cotton candy for dinner?! And I love the little booties up above - I'm off to read, now that I have my laptop cord again, thank goodness!

Joslyn said...

i can't show this picture of matt to audrey...she'll be even MORE smitten. he looks so cute.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...