Thursday, March 3, 2011

Making

Astor is drying! So pictures soon! I think we are going to be very best friends, yes indeed!
So what else have I been making? How about these sinfully delicious cupcakes. Found the recipe while looking for yet another chicken recipe. If you like chocolate and cream cheese, these are for you!
I started a sock a few weeks ago while at Ryan's games. I didn't have anything to do while waiting, so I walked over to the yarn shop, that was conveniently located a block away from the hockey rink and bought some needles and yarn. The colors definitely remind me of the the upcoming change in seasons. My hope is that I won't have to wear socks for too much longer!
And lastly, I want to share this great little ipod case that Rebecca made. She is the owner of the blog called Poshyarns. She ran a contest a month or so ago and I was the winner! I'm constantly losing my phone in my purse, so this will be just the thing to help me keep track of it. Thanks Rebecca for your sweetness and please go say hi to Rebecca. She creates the sweetest things for her family.
What are you all working on?

13 comments:

thistledowns wool & cotton said...

i might...i might make those cupcakes, but the trouble is i bake and the fam doesn't eat enough, with only three of us here. so, guess who nibbles?
still the baby sweater for a friend. but only two teeny sleeves left!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Pretty yarn and lovely iPod case. I'm still working on this Noro lightweight spring scarf: http://chezdanisse.blogspot.com/2011/02/knitting-and-promises.html

Nancy / summer sky said...

such a lot of making!

chocolate + cream cheese = heaven.

love your bright and cheery sock--just what you need to push through the last part of winter.

Renee said...

oh my! chocolate and cream cheese ~ will definitely have to make these. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

kristina said...

Rebecca makes such lovely things! And love the sock too. I have a sock on the needles now as well, but I seem to have lost the ability to pick up the stitches round the heel without leaving the dreaded corner holes--not sure what's going wrong. Big sigh.

K x

kristina said...

Word verification was happlees--perhaps this is a reference to my hapless sock knitting!

K x

magnusmog said...

I think I'll be working on those cupcakes very soon!

Holli said...

Jane - thanks for introducing me to those cupcakes (I'll be making them soon) and Rebecca (her blog is gorgeous!)

Happy Knitting,
Holli

Liz said...

Cupcakes look fab!

Sock looks fab!

I'm excited to see photos of your Astor and am happy you love it!

I'm working on a Maine family travel web site among others right now and this work is seriously cutting in to my knitting time. Bah! Good think I love it.

Think pedicures! Think flipflops! Think spring!

Pam said...

I am loving that sunny sock yarn. I should be working on finishing a long overdue pair of socks for my sister.

Laurie said...

I took my first crochet class this week, and am working on a dishcloth. Gotta start somewhere :o)

Andi said...

Love your color choice for the socks! Thats is what I have been working on-socks, socks and more socks!

ColorSlut said...

The sock is so bright and fun! The phone cover is classic. LOVE LOVE.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...