oh boy, is it a gloomy day here today. I just can't seem to find the energy to do anything (and believe me I have a lot to do!). I'm hoping that the rain will continue (don't hate me) and that both baseball games will be cancelled. I'm not looking forward to sitting in damp, 50 degree rainy weather. It's a spaghetti and meatball kind-of night and here's hoping we will all be able to just relax this evening.
Speaking of baseball, my five things all have to do with the sport of baseball. Things that I have been thinking about after attending a multitude of games.
1. To the coaches: Please when you are creaming the other team, because you stacked your own team, try to refrain from stealing the bases in the 6th inning. I'm thinking that your 22-6 win is pretty much a given and it really doesn't do any good to crush the souls of the ten and eleven year olds any further.
2. To the coaches (part 2): Yelling at the teenage umps, that attended a two hour class, is not going to teach anyone, anything. Coach, you end up looking like a jerk, the teen ump looks scared to death and the players are standing there picking dandelions. Take the time after the game to find the rule that you disagree with and talk respectfully to the teens. They will appreciate the time spent with them.
3. Parents: Please get to know the parents on your team before you start making fun of your own players. Ever hear the saying..."foot in mouth?" That pitcher on the mound is trying his best and his parents are scared to death for him (can you tell I'm a mom of a pitcher?). Really what good does it do to tell the whole bleacher section that our team sucks?
4. To the umps...please try to be forceful with these testosterone driven coaches. Take note of the jerks and get to know the good ones. And remember, when the game gets long-widen that strike zone so we can go home!
5. And lastly, dear mothers of 14 year old boys. Please don't talk about your son's cup size in the bleachers. I am sure they would be mortified to know that you are having this discussion and frankly, I really don't need to know either!
Enjoy your week everyone!