The dog days of summer have hit and I hear cries of "I'm bored" mostly everyday. I've had to limit screen and xbox time, but I think they are even getting tired of the technology.
August is one of my favorite months. I love the colors, the light and the approach of Autumn. Yes, it is the beginning of the end of summer vacation, but I know that by the end of August we will be ready for routine.
1. I am glad that Matt made a few honors courses, but I don't like hounding him to do his summer work to prepare for them.
2. The heat has fried my garden. I'm hoping that some of the new perennials will survive until next year. I'm relying on wildflowers by the side of the road and the farmer's market.
3. We had a small gathering for a group of women that live in town. There are thirteen of us that live here, all different ages, yet connected by the small, local sorority that we all belonged to while attending college up north. People change-the stories never do.
4. Blueberries are in and we went picking. I have about five quarts that I'm going to freeze or make into a pie...etc. I will go back this week.
5. My husband and I have started watching the show Damages. We have only watched two episodes, but we're hooked.
Enjoy the week everyone!