Wednesday, October 26, 2011

5 things...

I went to a wedding.  This is big for us these days because we are of that age where all of our friends are married...or divorcing.  If we get invited it's usually a work related thing and the young couple has been brought up right: invite the boss and his wife, hopefully they won't attend (we always do) and get a good present.  
The other types of weddings are family weddings.  But, to tell you the truth we are in a lull in that category also.
I digress though.  We went and it was a blog wedding.  Everywhere I looked there was evidence that the bride peruses the interwebs. I even went home to get my camera, it was that blog worthy.
I thought I had more pictures...but you'll get the point.
1. Everything was handmade! The bride is an artist and specializes in woodland creatures.  Her illustrations are stunning.  She made this wedding topper with rice paper and crystallized sugar.  The theme of the wedding was Fantastic Mr. Fox.  The couple are huge Wes Anderson fans and it showed throughout the wedding.
2.  The border was drawn by the bride.  The menu was typeset by the groom who is a graphic design artist. 
 3.  See, I told you.  How many times have I seen these flowers on the web.  I still love them though.
 4.  This menu was amazing.  All hand drawn by the bride.  She has been working over two years on her wedding.
5.  There was a Fantastic Mr. Fox photo booth, complete with bandit masks.  These are Andy's aunts.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind that I posted this picture.  One is a blogger herself!

The wedding was held in the parents' backyard.  If there were thirty people there, that was a lot.  The whole ceremony was over in ten minutes.  They played their favorite music...not the trumpet song.  
As we were walking across the street to the American Legion for the wedding reception, Andy leaned over to me and said, "There's a lot to be said about simplicity."  And, he was truly correct.  Simple is better and it showed in this young couple.

8 comments:

laura capello said...

and (AND!) the notated gluten-free ideas.

it looked like a lovely, lovely wedding!

(so... family then?)

Holli said...

Wow -- this is incredible!!

Unknown said...

Oh it looks wonderful, you captured the essence beautifully.

MadMad said...

Wow - sounds very cool!

Jill said...

wow. I love the bride's work. I have to say, I'm glad the internet was not around when we got married because I probably would have been on the two year engagement plan just to get everything just so. She did a beautiful job -- I'm glad you went for the camera.

Andi said...

Thank you for sharing this amazing wedding! I love the personal details in all of it. Sounds like an ideal way to begin your new life together.

Rosemary P. said...

Thank you for sharing! Such lovely ideas. I'm from the Capital District, now living in Ohio, and love seeing the photos you often post. So nice to remind me of home.

RW said...

wow.
is right.
and I hear you on the wedding thing.
we are in a lull ourselves.
i love weddings.
but, I am going to guess the only ones I will be attending will be work related until my own children decide that is something they might venture into. which I am in NO RUSH to see.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...