Monday, October 31, 2011

5 things...

After the snow last week, the sun came out and I went for a drive with my camera.  We have wonderful ridges that over look the valleys that dot the landscape in our town.  The sky was a robin's egg blue and the sun glistened off the newly fallen snow.  The clashes in seasons were apparent as the lake was home to a beautiful cloud hovering right over it.
The snow has melted and we are back to Autumn, but it won't be long now before snow will be part of our everyday life.
To my Northeast friends-stay warm and I hope your lives return to normal soon.

 1.  If you look closely, you can see the sheep farmer taking pictures too.
 2.  Thinking about the holidays and how they will change this year.  Trying to stay positive.
 3.  I'm reading Olive Kitteridge and loving it.
 4.  I have one who does not want to get up this morning and I feel things are going to turn for the worse here in a second.
5.  Starting to think about paint colors for the family room.  Dark cherry floors and woodwork is everywhere.  Any suggestions?

Happy Halloween everyone.  Hope you day is a happy and safe one!

8 comments:

Holli said...

Hearing that you are reading (and loving) Olive makes my heart swell! I loved that book and recently finished "Abide With Me" another stellar ready by Elizabeth Strout.

Andi said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for the sharing that book, it will be my next read. Have a lovely week!

MadMad said...

Olive Kittredge was one of my faves ever. I was soooo sad when it was over and I didn't have it to read anymore!

Hope the chocolate's good where you are tonight!

RW said...

one day at a time.
can you believe we are moving into november?

Rachel said...

Beautiful images Jane! I especially like the one with the bench...what a place to sit and just be. And I hadn't seen your fall header picture yet...stunning!

I read Olive Kitteridge and had mixed feelings about it but in the end really enjoyed reading it. Unique book!

Kristyn Knits said...

these are absolutely beautiful images Jane!! you should be very proud!!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

Gorgeous landscape photographs.

I love grey with dark wood. Here's an image of a very dark slate type grey with wood, perhaps a bit extreme, and not a family room, but I think it looks pretty amazing. http://pinterest.com/pin/411940783/

Jill said...

I loved Olive Kitteridge. You're probably finished by now, but it still is one of my favs. Try "Let the Great World Spin" by Colum McCann too.

I have Cherry in the kitchen and creamy walls that I don't love. Someone recommended yellow to me years ago on a color pro website when I posted a similar question.

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...