Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Making...

I'm currently making socks.  Boring, stockinette, socks. Last week, I was on my way out the door to hockey practice and realized I needed something to keep me busy and away from all the hockey drama.  I'm not even sure what kind of sock yarn it is, having lost it's ball band long ago.

So, I need your help.  I want to make a cool hat for a special friend that helped me out this weekend while I was away in New York City.  She had to watch Matt and his friend, and two others.  But the real gift that she helped me with was to get Matt to his team bus by 5 AM.  This woman deserves a whole sweater for having this thrown upon her.
She's a funky, down-to-earth sorta gal.  I'm thinking berets are out and beanies are in.
Any suggestions?  What are your favorite hat patterns?

Enjoy the colors! I missed the blue sky and orange leaves this weekend, but was thankful I could wear shorts and tee-shirts while in the city.  




 This is the real color!  No saturation or vibrance touch-ups at all!



11 comments:

MadMad said...

Oh, your beautiful pics make me even sadder I'm missing Rhinebeck this weekend! I LOVE the drive out. So, so pretty. There are two hats I'm obsessing over: the newest one in the BT collection, and there is one in Knitscene with some buttons. I'll get back to you with the names on both since apparently my obsession isn't overriding my mental capabilities, and I can't remember!

MadMad said...

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/southmoor-hat and Rosebud. Thank goodness for ravelry.

kristina said...

Those colors are amazing! Nothing like that here in the UK. How I miss autumn in New England. And I'm working on yet another pair of stockinette socks too...

K x

MadMad said...

Did my first message not go through? I sound rather abrupt! But in case it didn't, what I said was that your beautiful pics make me even sadder I'm not going to Rhinebeck this year! And that I was going to look up the hat patterns because I didn't remember them...

Erica said...

I'm a fairly basic/traditional hat kind of girl, no fancy anythings except maybe some cables, so I love my Claudia hat, and in the near future (I hope!) I'll be casting on for a Habitat. Can't wait to hear what you choose!

Amy J said...

My friend just designed this one
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kozue---
uses leftover sock yarn :) yay for stashbusting!

Andi said...

What a thoughtful gift for someone who has done so much. There is nothing like a handknit hat. I like Jane Richmond's hat patterns a lot- Jane and Autumn are two of my favorites. I also like Brooklyn Tweed's Porom. It is just classy and cute.

Jo's Corner said...

Oh no, are berets really out? Here is a link/picture of the slouch hat Harriet I knitted for my daughter last March. It can be wore as a beret too, as the picture shows. My daughter really loves it - it is a combo of two yarns, Classic Elite Liberty Wool and Rowan Kidsilk Haze knitted together.

http://jocreativecorner.blogspot.com/2011/03/harriet.html

RW said...

oh. show us the finished product will you?

Sharripie said...

I just finished making a Monkeybread hat, designed by Anne Hanson. It's nice and slouchy and fuzzy, too. I think it will be a nice, warm winter hat.

Jill said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with. Hats are about the only project I ever finish.

That orange tree just kills me. Is that a sugar maple? It's my favorite fall color.

be well, Jane!

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...