Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Hey There Handsome!

As I was searching for a picture of Matt with a turkey ( I know it's here somewhere) I came across this picture. I've been wanting to write about this sweater for a long time, but it's packed away for Ryan's kids (may that be far, far away).
I started this right before Ryan was born and knit on it during our first Adirondack vacation. It's probably one of my most favorite knits that I've ever made.
Ryan has always been good about wearing the sweaters I made for him. In fact he's running around the house now in a pair of handknit socks.
I have long since forgotten all the specs of the sweater, but if someone really wants the pattern, I think I may still have it somewhere.
Ry's always been a handful...but does it so gracefully in handknits from me.

7 comments:

Pomegranategrl said...

SO handsome! Awe, I love that sweater!

MadMad said...

Awwww.... cutie! And a boy who wears his mommy's knits - who doesn't love them?! Happy Thanksgiving, Jane!

Mary said...

So sweet... and he is modeling it perfectly. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jill said...

yeah for kids who wear the handknits! You have to save that picture for the grandchild who inherits the heirloom. (Oh, and that hair. I don't think was ever that color, but I've spent a lot of money trying.)

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours, Jane!

RW said...

happy thanksgiving Jane.

magnusmog said...

Wonderful!

a friend to knit with said...

awww!!!
i so love that little sweater on the cutest little boy!!!

charlie is a lot like ryan... always wearing his socks! i just said i should make him a new pair. he is an old soul...

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...