I sat and watched the Academy Awards with my oldest last night. He was doing "research." He wants to be a filmmaker in the worst way and he wondered what the award ceremony was all about. We recorded it and he watched the end today. The whole entire thing. He got to the final award and was quite upset when they announced the winner. It was interesting to hear a fifteen year old's perspective on the
boring speeches. He wondered how they knew what to say and who to thank. I explained that they knew they were nominated and had their speeches prepared just in case they win.
He thought that was a good plan and stated that he just might pee his pants when he's up there to accept his award in the future.
That's the way to do it Matt! Set those goals!
1. We finally had a taste of winter this past weekend. Truth be told, I didn't miss it one bit.
2. Hockey is finally over. Matt already misses it. Me, not at all!
3. I will have four! finished objects to share on Wednesday. Hold on to your hats! I've been busy!
4. I'm currently reading The Year We Left Home, by Jean Thompson. It's a story about a midwestern family in the late 70's/early 80's. Each chapter is a short story in itself. Not sure where I found the recommendation, but, I'm really enjoying the story of the family.
5. I made this for dinner tonight. It's quick and easy and everyone enjoys it!
oh yeah, and I gave up alcohol for Lent....those wine bottles in the kitchen are driving me crazy! Wish me luck!
enjoy the week everyone!