Someone forgot to tell Mother Nature that it's winter. Today's weather is something that we don't usually see until late March or early April. I discovered a primrose in my garden and the crocuses are almost ready to bloom. Normally, I'm shovelling snow off my garden in hopes that it will thaw out by the end of April.
Rumor has it that the local ski hill will close this week. Too many accidents and not cold enough to make snow. So far, I haven't skied once this season and by the looks of it I'm not going to.
So, it's on to a new week and some new thoughts....
1. We stayed home for the Superbowl this year....and I liked it that way. I made plenty of food, we could watch in our comfortable clothes and enjoy the commercials (although, I really didn't like any of them) without listening through the noise of a party! Perfect!
2. Matt has two more weeks of hockey! I really can't count this week as he is missing a few games due to a trip to Quebec with fellow French students.
3. I'm thinking it's going to feel strange not to have Matt around for the weekend.
4. I need some new recipes that my family might enjoy. If you have any ideas let me know in the comments. I'm feeling sorta stale with my old stand-bys.
5. Lastly, do you follow any celebrities on Twitter? I've been laughing at Katie Couric's and Steve Martin's tweets. Sometimes I wonder if Katie's are really hers or her PR person. Steve Martin's are definitely his. Such dry, witty humor.
Who do you follow?
enjoy your week everyone!