Sunday, July 8, 2007

Twirly Skirt


I first saw this skirt here and then found the tutorial here. This was my first sewing adventure in a long while. Because of that I got some super inexpensive fabric (total cost to make; five bucks including thread) in case I made huge mistakes. I did make a pretty major mistake, but no one can see it but me.


I got tired of just finding slinky sundresses in all the stores. I like to wear cotton skirts in the summer, especially when it gets really warm. I plan on making this skirt again and again. I wore this up to the snobby country club that we belong to(husband is expected to join for work, but is so overworked he has no time to enjoy the place, plus I dislike the whole atmosphere immensely) and got tons of compliments. I just had to laugh at all of them thinking it was some hot, new designer! Joke's on them!


I am in a knitting slump, trying to find something that will interest me. I have been busy reading The Other Boleyn Girl. I am sure that once I finish it up I will be more creative in the knitting department. I am knitting a pair of Jaywalkers and am enjoying the process greatly. Until next time...have a wonderful Sunday evening!




No comments:

well, hello there...

 I thought I might start writing again.  Not sure what I will want to talk about.  The guys have their own lives and are making...